Battlefield 4 assignments are small tasks that players complete throughout the multiplayer game. Upon completing the tasks, players are awarded new weapons, dog tags, or vehicle unlocks. A typical assignment would require the player to rake in a certain amount of kills with a weapon, earn some ribbons, etc. before the assignment is complete and the reward is released. Assignments use the stats feature to track progress.
The previous game in the series included over 60 assignments, although some of those were released later. It’s expected that BF4 will ship with some assignments, while others will be available through Battlefield 4 DLC and expansion packs. In addition, Battlefield 4 Premium owners will have special assignments.
Battlefield 4 assignments list
The Battlefield 4 assignments are spread into three categories: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Here’s the complete list:
Battlefield 4 Bronze Assignments
- Assault basic: get 7 kills with any assault rifle + 11 heals + reach rank 10
- Engineer basic: get 7 kills with any carbine + 16 repairs
- Recon basic: get 7 kills with any sniper rifle + 4 squad spawns on you
- Support basic: get 7 kills with any LMG + 16 resupplies
- Land vehicle basic: kill 7 enemies with any land vehicle + destroy 25 land vehicles with any vehicle
- Aircraft basic: kill 7 enemies with any aircraft + destroy 25 vehicles with any aircraft
- Watercraft basic: kill 7 enemies with any watercraft + destroy 25 vehicles with watercraft
- Carbine basic: 7 kills with any carbine + 10 carbine ribbons
- PDW basic: 7 kills with any PDW + 10 PDW ribbons
- Shotgun basic: 7 kills with any shotgun + 10 shotgun ribbons
- Conqueror: Capture 20 flags in conquest + 10 conquest ribbons
- Rusher: 10 M-COM attacker ribbons + 10 Rush ribbons
- Obliterator: Pick up 20 bombs + 10 Obliteration ribbons
- By My Commander: 10 commander leadership ribbons + 1+ commander resupply ribbons
- Blade Runner: 5 kills with knife + 10 melee ribbons
Silver assignments (requires basic/bronze assignment)
- Assault veteran: 8 kills with assault rifle + 12 heals
- Engineer veteran: 8 kills with any carbine + 17 repairs
- Recon veteran: 8 kills with sniper rifles + 5 squad spawns on you
- Support veteran: 8 kills with LMG + 17 resupplies
- Carbine veteran: 8 kills with carbine + 20 carbine ribbons
- PDW veteran: 8 kills with PDW + 20 PDW ribbons
- Shotgun veteran: 8 kills with shotgun + 20 shotgun ribbons
- Land vehicle veteran: 10 kills with land vehicles + destroy 50 vehicles
- Aircraft veteran: 10 kills with aircraft + destroy 50 vehicles
- Wartercraft veteran: 6 kills with watercraft + 20 watercraft ribbons
- Tin foil hat: 10 commander surveillance ribbons + 30 EMP bonuses + spotting ribbons
- We’ll meet again: Launch 100 cruise missiles + deploy 50 early warnings
- Leave no man behind: 25 squad savior bonuses + 25 squad avenger bonuses + 50 squad revives
- Wrecking ball: 25 mobility critical hits + 50 vehicles destroyed
- Stealth Assassin: get 20 dog tags + 20 melee ribbons
Gold assignments (requires veteran assignments unlocked + reach rank 100)
- Assault expert: 50 medkit ribbons + 200 kills + 10 assault rifle ribbons (unlock: Ace 23)
- Engineer expert: 50 repair tool ribbons + 200 kills + 10 carbine ribbons (unlock: UMP-9)
- Recon expert: 50 Marksman ribbons + 200 kills + 10 sniper rifle ribbons (unlock: FY-JS)
- Support expert: 50 Ammo ribbons + 200 kills + 10 LMG ribbons (unlock: RPK-12)
- Land warrior: 1 tank medal + 1 IFV medal + destroy 1 helicopter with a tank
- Air warrior: 1 attack helicopter medal + 1 jet fighter medal + destroy 5 jets with attack helicopters
- Taxi driver: 30 driver bonuses + 10 squad vehicle kill assists
- Offensive commander: 30 kills with cruise missile + designate 10 high value tragets + deploy 50 AC-130 gunships
- Hitman: 10 squad wipes + 5 killstreak stops + kill 3 designated high value targets
- Melee expert: 50 melee ribbons
- American classics: 50 headshots with M39 + 100 kills with M4 + 50 kills with 44 Magnum
- From Russia With Lead: 50 headshots with SKS + 100 kills with A-91 + 50 kills with Â MP412 REX
- Made in China: 50 headshots with QBU-88 + 100 kills with QBS-09 + 50 kills with QSZ-92
- Swedish Steel: 100 kills + 50 headshots with AK 5C + 100 kills with CBJ-MS
- Wall of Shotgun: 50 kills with DBV-12 + 50 kills with M26 MASS + 50 kills with Serbu Shorty
Battlefield 4 assignments gallery
Sharing is caring!
The Arctic Warfare rifle, designated L118A1 by the British military, is a bolt-action, 7.62×51mm NATO Sniper Rifle created by the British company Accuracy International and fielded by several militaries worldwide. It derives from the Precision Marksman, which was designated as the L96A1 in British service. The rifle is so named due to being designed with features to improve performance in cold weather conditions, while not impairing its abilities in normal environments. The AW rifle has several derivatives, including the AWM magnum variant and the AWS suppressed variant. The AWM in particular is designated the L115A3 and is the standard sniper rifle of the British Army, replacing the previous L118A1 and L96A1.
Tier 2 unlock
1 unlock point
6 + 1 magazines
4 - 5.2 hip
Increase per bullet
Decrease per second
— In-game description.
The L96A1 is a weapon featured in the Battlefield 2: Euro Force expansion and is the default sniper rifle for the European Union. Its spread values are identical to, with the exception of the M24, rifles of the same class, with a zoomed spread of 0.05 and spread increase of 3.5 per round. The weapon's rate of fire, damage, and magazine size are identical to the M24 and is always capable of killing in two direct hits, at a maximum, with a minimum of one headshot for an instant kill.
The L96A1 in Battlefield 2
The L96A1's scope
Reloading the L96A1
3D render of the L96.
Side view of the L96A1.
The L96A1 unlock icon.
Add a photo to this gallery
Rate of fire
50 rounds per minute
Medium range 40-75m
Long range 75m+