There are two ways by which students may apply to Illinois Wesleyan University: Early Action and Regular Decision.
(Note: Applicants to the School of Theatre programs are not eligible for Early Action admission because auditions for these programs extend past the EA deadline. Theatre admission decisions are made after all audition dates have passed. The Admissions Office reserves spaces specifically for these programs so there is no competitive advantage or disadvantage selecting one audition date over another.)
Illinois Wesleyan offers a non-binding Early Action admission program.
- Students who apply Early Action with completed applications, including all components, by November 15th will be guaranteed a decision (admit, deny, or defer) by January 15th.
- Early Action candidates who are deferred will be included with the Regular Decision applicant pool and receive notification on a rolling basis after January 15th.
- Applicants who are deferred under Early Action to Regular Decision are guaranteed a final decision (admit, deny, or waitlist) by March 15th.
Regular DecisionProspective students may also apply Regular Decision.
- All students who complete Regular Decision applications, or any students not completing Early Action applications until after November 15th, will be notified on a rolling basis between January 15th and the first week of April.
Click the button to fill out the IWU Application for Admission
Any questions about the application form should be directed to:
Associate Director of International Admissions
Contact: (309) 556-3377
Elementary/Secondary Teacher Education Program Application Packet
Music Teacher Education Program Application Packet
Resume Template (Word Doc-Use for all TEP Applications - Elementary, Secondary, and Music)
Review admission requirements prior to submitting your application.
Info for students applying to the IWU Teacher Education Program in Spring 2018:
- All application materials need to be submitted by Friday, March 23, 2018, no later than 4 pm
- Application and Agreement submit as hard copies to the tray outside of CLA 347
- Essay and Résumé submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to attend the TEP Essay Session on Monday, March 5, 12-1, SFH 001-This informational meeting will discuss the TEP application process, including how to write and submit the required essay, pre-student teaching resume, and other application documents.
- Interviews for Elementary and Secondary candidates will be held the week of April 2nd.
- Interviews for Music candidates will be forthcoming!