One of the best ways to make yourself stand out as a promising job candidate is to write a strong cover letter. For some ideas about how to make a great impression within your industry, check out our accounting assistant cover letter example and our list of crucial dos and don’ts.
- Do provide specific examples of the accounting skills you have mastered, as the writer of the example cover letter does. Employers want to know you can responsibly manage financial information.
- Don’t place the spotlight on your education and grades. It is better to focus on your transferable skills and work experience.
- Do mention your enthusiasm for the company’s culture and mission. Note that the candidate in the example cover letter highlights his interest in contributing to one project in particular.
- Don’t forget to use the hiring manager’s name in your salutation. This demonstrates that you did your research about the company and cared enough to customize your letter.
- Do keep your cover letter to one page or less. Hiring managers have a lot of applications to sort through, so they prefer cover letters that pack a lot of punch in few words.
Accounting Assistant Advice
Looking to land a job as an accounting assistant? The right cover letter is critical, and our customized cover letter examples will help you create yours quickly and easily. Just click on any of the cover letter examples below, and use them as a guide to make your accounting assistant cover letter better. Our examples cover a range of accounting topics and skills that you may want to add to your cover letter to enhance your candidacy. Choose from multiple design options to fit your specific needs, and take the next step to win the job!
Cover Letter Tips for Accounting Assistant
Finding jobs as a Accounting Assistant depends a great deal on utilizing proactive strategies. The following tips offer actions you can take to improve your job search.
1. Customize it. You should have more than one version of your cover letter if you are applying for different kinds of jobs. The version you send should always be tailored to the specific position for which you are applying.
2. Be proactive. Your job search is your job now, and you will need to take action in order to make sure you’re giving it your all. Understand that finding the best jobs requires a great deal more than scanning the want ads, sending out a few application packets and waiting for the interview requests to come rolling in.
3. Make a plan. In fact, it’s in your best interest to sit down and write out a detailed plan of how you intend to go about your job search. List daily activities you will pursue to find a great job in your field.
4. Make it a group effort. Finding a good job isn’t a solitary endeavor. If you’re unsure of the actions steps to take, visit a career counselor or job center. Network both in person and online to get your name out there and make contacts.
5. Don’t get discouraged. The hunt for a professional position can be a long one. Rather than get discouraged, remind yourself of the effort you are putting forth.
Accounting Assistant Job Seeking Tips
A cover letter that is well written and contains all the necessary information is essential to a job search in any field. Follow these tips for writing a killer cover letter when looking for jobs as a Accounting Assistant.
1. Make it reader-friendly. Use bullets and concise, active phrasing so that potential employers can easily pick out the most important information.
2. Use key words. Key words are also needed in today’s modern job market to get past scanning software. Use words that are popular in your industry and phrases seen in the job posting itself.
3. Include a summary or profile section. This lists your experience, skills and education in a condensed fashion for easy scanning.
4. Chronological is best. A chronological cover letter listed in reverse order is the most preferred cover letter type. Try to use this format when possible.
5. Emphasize the important things. If your education is most relevant to the job, list it before your experience section. If there are duties you love and are good at, be sure to emphasize them.
Underwriting Assistant Cover Letter
Underwriting Assistants are employed in the insurance field and are mainly responsible for providing support to agents and underwriters. Typical job duties of an Underwriting Assistant are the following: collecting client information, evaluating eligibility, arranging loan approval packages, reviewing loan applications, gathering credit history, making sure transactions are recorded correctly, screening applicants based on various criteria, and answering to client inquiries.
A well-written cover letter sample for Underwriting Assistant usually focuses on the following skills and abilities:
- Insurance field experience
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
- Being able to follow screening criteria
- Research skills
Those interested in an Underwriting Assistant career can check relevant job skills in the cover letter example provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Underwriting Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Bedell:
When I learned of Endurance Insurance’s need for an Underwriting Assistant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As a customer-centric and analytical professional looking to combine my recent business degree with my interest in pursuing a longstanding career in the insurance sector, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background includes practicum experience in an internship capacity with Donaldson Insurance Company, collecting information from customers applying for various insurance products while supporting underwriters in conducting risk assessments and applicant screening processes. I am poised to leverage my skill set and my advanced education to excel in financial document analysis, loan processing, application approvals and rejections, and superior client communications. Furthermore, my demonstrated success in consistently achieving strict deadlines, along with ensuring optimal customer experiences, positions me to make a significant impact on your business.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Supporting a team of seven underwriters in reviewing applicant submissions and obtaining the necessary information to evaluate risk and exposures; maintaining policy and claim files to ensure full compliance, policy registration, and timely issuance.
- Adhering to all service standards by completing underwriting support responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitating the issuance of policy endorsements and processing billing and reinsurance transactions as required.
- Maintaining up-to-date logs, correspondence documents, and records of all policies and renewals using Microsoft Excel and Imageright programs.
- Responding swiftly and courteously to all internal and external customer requests.
- Demonstrating an unparalleled dedication to providing superior service in previous customer-facing roles; recognized by customers and peers as possessing excellent product knowledge and communication skills to maximize client satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborating effectively with peers and management teams to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Business from Salt Lake City College.
With my experience in assisting with comprehensive loan underwriting functions, coupled with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Gary D. Patterson